17 September 2021
Auckland Theatre Company season of The Haka Party Incident
On behalf of the performers, crew, and staff of Auckland Theatre Company we are disappointed to advise that due to the ongoing uncertainty arising from the Alert Levels in Tāmaki Makaurau the season of The Haka Party Incident at ASB Waterfront Theatre in October has been cancelled.
We anticipate we will be in Alert Level 3 during the dates planned for show rehearsals and opening night. Given the new restrictions on gatherings under Delta Level 2, Tāmaki Makaurau needs to be at Alert Level 1 in order for us to commence performances.
We are very proud of Katie Wolfe’s production and the beautiful group of artists who tell this story. The Haka Party Incident will return to the ATC stage.
The Haka Party Incident ticket holders have been sent an email with ticketing options. Please use the links in the email that is soon to be in your inbox; this is the best way for us to promptly process all requests. As you can imagine, our box office at ASB Waterfront Theatre is fielding a large number of requests and we greatly appreciate your patience.
Auckland Theatre Company season of Things That Matter
On behalf of the performers, crew, and staff of Auckland Theatre Company we are disappointed to advise that due to Auckland continuing to be at COVID-19 Alert Level 4 until midnight on Tuesday 31 August, the world premiere season of Things That Matter will not be able to be performed as scheduled.
We are working on rescheduling the season to a later date this year. Ticket holders to Things That Matter, will be sent an email as soon as possible which will detail the new season dates and ticket options.
At this moment you do not need to do anything. As you can imagine, our box office at ASB Waterfront Theatre is fielding a large number of requests and we greatly appreciate your patience. Please refer to our COVID-19 refund & exchange policy for more information.
This page on our website will always be up to date with the latest information.
Updated: 6:55pm Friday 17 September
COVID-19 Refund & Exchange Policy @styleClass>
- You are eligible for a refund or ticket exchange if you are unable to attend your scheduled performance due to any of the following reasons;
a. You have COVID-19 or are awaiting the results from being tested for COVID-19.
b. You have been identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case or have been in contact with any known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
c. You have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/running nose, loss of sense of smell and/or taste).
d. You have returned from or have been in contact with anyone else who has returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
e. You have been to a location of interest AND have not fully complied with all Government regulations regarding that location.
- If you are feeling uneasy about attending an ATC performance due to COVID-19 you may exchange your tickets free of charge to an alternative performance or receive a voucher valid until December 2021. If you wish to do this you must notify the ATC ticketing team at least 72 hours in advance of your scheduled performance.
- If you are unable to attend a performance due to reasons outlined in clauses 1a-e you must notify the ATC ticketing team as soon as is practical before your scheduled performance.
- In the event ATC needs to cancel a performance due to COVID-19 you will be entitled to a full refund.
- In the event ATC needs to postpone a performance due to COVID-19 you can exchange to a new performance date. If the new performance date/s are not suitable for you to attend, you will be entitled to a refund.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS INCLUDING COVID-19 CLAUSES
Auckland Theatre Company Administration and Rehearsals
Hours 9am-5pm | Phone 09 309 0390 | Email email@example.com
Box office and Show Inquiries
Hours 9am-4pm | Phone 0800 ATC TIX (282 849) | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASB Waterfront Theatre Event Inquiries