Youth Arts 2024 @styleClass>
Our Youth Company is a part-time, year-long programme offered free to participants aged 18-25 that lets young people learn in a working theatre, feel comfortable in this space, and to train in an environment that acknowledges being an artist takes enormous strength and resilience.
Youth Associates are young creatives aged 16 and up, invited to learn, play and engage with the professional artists making works for Auckland Theatre Company.
Emerging Writers Table
Over the span of ten months, six emerging playwrights will create full length works for performers aged 16-25.
Meet the Youth Company
What do Youth Company members have access to?
- Weekly Company Hui, regular training at Auckland Theatre Company ranging from acting and performance skills to writing, design, and technical theatre training run throughout the term and during selected holidays.
- Tickets to each Auckland Theatre Company production.
- The opportunity to work with experienced artists and be involved in the creation and performance of world premiere theatre presented to the public.
When does the company meet?
- Company Hui are compulsory sessions every Tuesday in term time, from 6:30-9:30pm.
- A full schedule will be published in January 2024.
How do I get involved?
“An awesome opportunity for any young person interested in creating connections in Auckland's theatre community...”
“... one of the most welcoming and talented groups I've ever worked with, including the diverse leaders who create such a culturally safe space.”
“Auditioning for the Company may seem like a giant leap, but it will be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make as a young artist in Aotearoa.”
Our Youth Company is proudly made possible by the generous Youth Company Supporters Group.
An opportunity for rangatahi to sample theatre skills and see the plays in our season.Find Out More
Pay What You Wish
Our doors are thrown open on Pay What You Wish night. Everyone is welcome.Find Out More
Curriculum-linked resources, in-school workshops, touring performances and school matinees.Find Out More