Full length plays by New Zealand resident writers, or New Zealand writers residing abroad may be submitted at any time.
We also welcome submissions of cross-disciplinary work from established artists.
If you would like to present your work or your idea in person make an appointment to visit the ATC Studios on Dominion Road.
Written submissions must include:
- Writer/creator and agent’s contact details
- A CV/biography of the writer/creator
- Notes about what the writer/creator would like to develop further (see Play Development)
- Development and production history
- Details of an available translator if the text is written in a language other than English
When Sun & Moon Collide by Briar Grace-Smith, June 2017
The Literary Unit does not have the resources to provide notes on submitted scripts and proposals as a matter of course. We aim to respond to submissions within three months.
Submissions from international playwrights are considered on a case by case basis.
Please research ATC’s programme prior to contacting us to get a sense of how your work may fit within our programme.