Auckland Theatre Youth Company FAQs @styleClass>
What is the time commitment?
- Company Hui are compulsory sessions every Tuesday in term time, from 6:00-9:30pm.
- Production Blocks run in the winter and summer school holidays.
The hours will vary week to week based on training requirements, for example, some weeks will involve workshops whereas other weeks will consist of intensive rehearsals.
How do I get into the Company?
Register for an Open Day Audition. At the audition, you will:
- Participate in fun activities, games and exercises
- Meet the company leaders
- Hear all about the Company & ask any questions
- Talk about what excites you in theatre
- Fill out an Auckland Theatre Youth Company application form
I am under 18. Can my parent or a guardian attend Open Day with me?
Parents or guardians are welcome to drop you off at Open Day and can meet the co-leaders before the session. They cannot stay for the Open Day.
How do you choose who gets into the Company
The Auckland Theatre Youth Company will be selected by the Youth Company leaders. We are looking for a Company who represents the diversity of Auckland’s Youth.
We celebrate individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexuality or disability. We do not accept bullying or harassment of any kind.
What happens if I don’t get into the Company?
- If you don’t get a recall to join the Youth Company, you can join the Youth Associates.
- Many of our Company members audition several times before gaining a place, so it’s important to not give up.
There are a few dates listed in the schedule that I cannot attend. Am I still eligible?
This will vary case-to-case based on the amount of unavailability. You can give an indication of the date(s) you are unable to attend to the Company leaders when you meet them at Open Day Auditions.
I have access needs. Who should I contact?
Please email ATC Participation Coordinator, Sam Phillips, with you access needs [email protected].
What are the benefits of being in the ATC Youth Company?
- A programme of Company Hui at Auckland Theatre Company.
- Participate in two professional theatre productions.
- Get two free tickets to all Auckland Theatre Company productions in the 2023 season.
- Meet with theatre professionals and find out about the inner workings of Auckland Theatre Company.
- Explore your creative future.
How much does it cost to be part of Auckland Theatre Youth Company?
- It is free. There are no training fees or costs
- If travel costs will be a barrier please contact Participation Coordinator, Sam Phillips, at [email protected].